Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Why Taking Five Minutes Out Of Your Day Will Completely Change Your Bridal Gown Shopping Experience

Today we are bringing you an article that our very own Alex Davis wrote and that is being featured by Wilson Diamonds.
Alex has been in the Bridal Industry for over 15 years and she believes that this advice can make or break your gown shopping experience.

I am standing there in the middle of our shop where an MOB (Mother of the Bride) is screaming at me.  
When I say screaming I'm talking about high pitched, veins coming out of her neck, Real Housewives kind of screaming.

It was terrifying.
As I am standing there with a pleasant look on my face patiently waiting for her to calm down and get everything out so that I can help them, I knew I wasn't the only person she had done this to today.  
The mother then looks at the Bride who is eyeing the dress of her dreams in my shop and tells her that they are leaving and never coming back again and that they are going to tell all of their friends never to shop here.
The door slams and I go back to the Bride I was helping before they came in and she looks at me and says thank you.
Do you want to know what happened?  What I said?  Well, here it is.
"Hi Ladies, how are you?  Do you have an appointment with us today?"
Pretty shocking, huh?
They were angry that they did not have an appointment and that I was already helping a Bride and wouldn't have a room available until later that day when I would have loved to help them.
The reason the Bride I was helping said thank you?  She had just been to a shop that only did Walk-Ins and got zero time and attention.
I wish that I could say that this was the only time that this ever happened, but it has happened a lot.
Can you see what I'm getting at here?
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO TRY ON DRESSES!!
Why, you ask?
1.  The shop will be expecting you and your room will be ready and waiting.
2.  You will have your Bridal Consultant to yourself and they will wait on you hand and foot.
3.  The shop will already know what gowns or types of gown you will want to try on because of the phone conversation you had prior to your appointment.
4.  You will be able to cut any stress you might have in half.
And most importantly...
5.  You deserve it.  You deserve to have the best possible experience with all of the bells and whistles.
Let's rewind to how you make your appointment.
Give us a call at The Brides’ Shop at (801)322-4324 and we will set up an appointment at a time that works best for you.
Easy, huh?
That five minutes (or less) that you just took to make that appointment will change your Bridal Gown shopping experience.


STAY AWAY FROM SATURDAYS IF YOU CAN!
Saturdays are ridiculous for all Bridal Shops.  They are so busy and have so much going on that everyone is kind of running around like chickens with their heads cut off.  If you are at a really great Shop, you will never know how stressed they are behind the scenes, but it will still be kind of crazy.
Take a day off of work and spend that whole day going to different shops and trying on gowns.
Best days to go try on gowns?  Tuesdays and Thursdays.
So what did we learn today?

Get on the horn ladies and make your appointments!
I promise you'll be glad you did.
And so will your mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment